We Welcome Clients With Co-Occurring Conditions
We acknowledge that clients wishing to enter our treatment program often have both substance use and mental health treatment needs (co-occurring conditions).
We welcome these clients and are fully committed to offering appropriate assistance for each client, including you. Every staff member at House of Metamorphosis is dedicated to providing a supportive experience for you. We try to meet your needs, interests and well being and will serve you in an understanding, culturally sensitive, and empowering way.
This program is your program. It encourages your active participation and input and asks you to make good decisions regarding your treatment. We invite you to be open with your counselor(s) about anything, but especially regarding any concerns you may have about co-occurring conditions.
Maybe you are just curious. Or maybe you realize some things are not right in your life, with your behavior, with your relationships, or your employment situation. Below, we are providing a questionnaire and a few tools you can use to find out more about your situation. Maybe it is time to seek assistance – it’s your call!
The following questions refer to the past 12 months:
- Have you used drugs other than those required for medical reasons?
- Do you abuse more than one drug at a time?
- Are you unable to stop using drugs when you want to?
- Have you ever had blackouts or flashbacks as a result of drug use?
- Do you ever feel bad or guilty about your drug use?
- Does your spouse (or parents) ever complain about your involvement with drugs?
- Have you neglected friends and family because of your use of drugs?
- Have you engaged in illegal activities in order to obtain drugs?
- Have you ever experienced withdrawal symptoms (irritability, cravings, anger, feeling sick, etc.) when you stopped taking drugs?
- Have you had medical problems as a result of your drug use (i.e. memory loss, hepatitis, convulsions, seizures, bleeding, etc.)?
To score, count the yes answers. If you answered 6 or more questions with yes, give us a call at (619) 236-9217, HOM Administrative and Intake Office.
Consider these questions as well:
- Do you use drugs and/or alcohol as a means of dealing with everyday issues?
- Have you isolated yourself from clean and sober people and environments?
- Do you want to “break the cycle” and don’t know how?
- Do you want to change your life and live drug-free in society?
- Do you blame others for your negative behavior and substance abuse problems?
If you answered yes to any one of these questions, give us a call at (619) 236-9217, HOM Administrative and Intake Office.
What is a Co-Occurring Condition?
“Co-occurring Condition” is defined as having at least one mental condition as well as a drug use disorder. While these conditions may interact differently in any one person (e.g., an episode of depression may trigger relapse into alcohol abuse, or cocaine use may intensify schizophrenic symptoms), at least one disorder of each type can be diagnosed independently of the other. Other terms used to describe this disorder are comorbidity and dual diagnosis.
For any particular client, co-occurring disorders developed out of the same set of life experiences and physiological and psychological elements. It follows that treatment and recovery issues for each disorder must be considered simultaneously. For example, symptoms of one disorder serve as all-too-effective relapse triggers for the other disorder and vice versa. The fact is these are not discrete problems with discrete solutions.
Because co-occurring disorders are complex problems, treatment approaches and development at House of Metamorphosis is an interdisciplinary team work of alcohol and drug counselors and mental health counselors.
It’s All About You – And How We Can Help
House of Metamorphosis offers you a 24-hour residential drug-free therapeutic community. It is a structured program that provides stability and a framework for you to make progress. Our rehabilitative services include:
- Comprehensive evaluation upon entry
- Personal drug and alcohol counselor
- Individual and group counseling
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Family counseling referrals
- Treatment team
- Community re-entry training
- Recreational therapy
- Mental health services
- Job readiness therapy
- Lifeskills training curriculum
- HOM Alumni Support
House of Metamorphosis works to help substance abusers overcome their addiction and assists them in rejoining society. Many of our programs are designed to improve the residents’ ability to participate in society once the addiction is confronted.